Re: write to alert log

From: Bricklen Anderson <BAnderson_at_PresiNET.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:30:22 -0700

Jeffrey Beckstrom wrote:
> In the back of my mind I recall that it is possible to write to the
> alert.log from procedure, but can not recall how. What do I execute to
> do this?
>

> Jeffrey Beckstrom
> Database Administrator
> Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
> 1240 W. 6th Street
> Cleveland, Ohio 44113

This came up last week. A cut 'n paste of Jonathan Lewis' response:

<quote>
dbms_system.ksdwrt(1,'test')

     writes to alert log

dbms_system.ksdwrt(2,'test')

     writes to session's trace file

dbms_system.ksdwrt(3,'test')

     writes to both

see also

     dbms_system.ksddt - writes a date-time stamp
     dbms_system.ksdind(N) - indents text using ":' characters
     dbms_system.ksdfls - flushes the write to file

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
</quote>

--