RE: 10G Grid Control on AIX

From: John P Weatherman Jr. <asahoshi_at_infionline.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:36:55 -0400

Rob,

I have gotten a successful install on 5.2 and been able to run some jobs out of Grid Control. Of course today the OMS doesn't want to start, but it did work for at least a few weeks. Have you made sure that ssh is configured so the node hosting grid control can come back into itself? In our experience, "unable to connect to remote host" errors usually trace back to ssh problems. Have you gotten crs installed and working? Usually we catch ssh errors at that stage.

Good Luck and HTH,

John P Weatherman
Oracle DBA
Advance America

 This e-mail, and any attachments, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, and any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify me at (864) 342-5600 and permanently delete the original copy and any copy of any e-mail, and any printout thereof.

oracle.ias.sysmgmt.clustermanagement.OpmnAgent.getComponentProcessStatus(Unk nown
> Source)
> at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.ProcessManager.isDaemonUp(Unknown Source)
> at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.ProcessManager.isDaemonUp(Unknown Source)
> at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.TaskMaster.daemonStart(Unknown Source)
> at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.TaskMaster.sysInit(Unknown Source)
> at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.TaskMaster.sysInit(Unknown Source)
> at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.InstanceManager.sysInit(Unknown Source)
> at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.InstanceManager.init(Unknown Source)
> at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.EntryPoint.init(Unknown Source)
> at

oracle.ias.webcache.config.WebcacheConfig.smiSetup(WebcacheConfig.java:243)
> at

oracle.ias.webcache.config.WebcacheConfig.smiEnableWebcache(WebcacheConfig.j ava:215)
> at

oracle.ias.webcache.config.WebcacheConfig.enableConfiguration(WebcacheConfig .java:191)