RE: rowid

From: Leonard, George <GLeonard_at_wesbank.co.za>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:38:57 +0200

Hi all

Restricted rowid listed by Eterprise manager was 221682.13.9

Ok solved the problem to get from restricted rowed as listed for blocking locks to actual row involved in problem.

To get the extended rowid:

select dbms_rowid.rowid_to_extended('221682.13.9','COR','CUSTOMERS',1) FROM DUAL;=20 Or for the same value

select dbms_rowid.rowid_create(1, 8172, 9, 221682, 13) from dual; with 8172 determined before hand.

And now to get the actual row in the table involved use the above query in line:

select * from customers where rowid=3D(extended rowid =3D select dbms_rowid.rowid_create(1,8172,9,221682,13) from dual);

thanks for the help guys.

George

George Leonard
Oracle Database Administrator
New Dawn Technologies @ Wesbank
E-mail:gleonard_at_wesbank.co.za
=20
You Have The Obligation to Inform One Honestly of the risk, And As a Person
You Are Committed to Educate Yourself to the Total Risk In Any Activity! Once Informed & Totally Aware of the Risk, Every Fool Has the Right to Kill or Injure Themselves as They See Fit! =20