Re: That crazy CBO.....

From: Charles Hart <cchart3_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:35:48 -0500

On HP UNIX going from 8.1.6 to 8.1.7 is easy.

Make sure you have 20 megs of free space in the SYSTEM tablespace.

Create a link under the new $ORACLE_HOME/dbs that points to your pfile.

Make sure you variables are pointed to your new Oracle executables.

Start Server Manager and run the following commands:

connect internal

startup restrict

spool migrate.log

set echo on

@$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/u0801060.sql

If you did not get any errors - congratulations!