RE: Need to setup a client database - advice

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:50:21 -0400

Lizz,

  1. Personal Oracle is licensed by each desktop/laptop it's installed on. It's $400 per user. Oracle Lite may be a better choice as it appears to have the synchronization features you'll need built in. It's $100 per user.
  2. Another potential platform in iAnywhere from Sybase. Have seen a demo of their synchronization process a couple of years ago. It was damned slick back then, should be better now.=20

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA