Re: DEFAULT Tempfile

From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 02:42:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Syed,

I'm not sure I understand the question. You don't have a DEFAULT tempfile, you have a DEFAULT temporary TABLESPACE. eg.

ALTER DATABASE DEFAULT TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP; This is just a normal temporary tablespace WHICH YOU MUST HAVE ALREADY CREATED (ie you cannot use a permanent tablespace), so the tempfiles associated with it will appear in controlfile trace or in dba_temp_files.

To check your default temporary tablespace: SELECT *
  FROM database_properties
 WHERE property_name = 'DEFAULT_TEMP_TABLESPACE'; Hope this helps,

Hi guys
In control file trace I could not see DEFAULT tempfile and dba_temp_files also does not have any record. But if I added any new temp tablespace I could see this in both?
Could someone put a point on this please Thanks
Syed

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Oct 27 2004 - 05:49:13 CDT