RE: Which Character Set for 9.2

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:01:09 -0500

Hey Gene,

We use WE8ISO8859P1 (and since it's a superset of US7ASCII, the change = is trivial), but you may want to look at WE8ISO8859P15 if you do any = business with Europe, since P15 contains the Euro symbol. Not that = you'll typically store it, but perhaps in comment columns and the like.

There are enough potential changes in moving to UTF8/16 to scare me away = from it, and we didn't need to support any of the potential advantages = of those anyway.

GL!

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse_at_quadtechworld.com      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA