Re: SORT ORDER BY elimination

From: Edgar Chupit <chupit_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:12:39 +0300

Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for an answer, this post provides exact solution I was looking for. For this simple query the LIO gain is very small just 2 LIOs, but the main thing that the SORT ORDER BY step simply disappeared.

I do have environment very similar to what you have described, the system is mainly OLTP with few DSS features (I must admit my problem looks exactly like you described).

I will return to the list with additional information after few experiments.

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 20:08:22 +0200, Peter Welker <peter.welker_at_trivadis.com> wrote:

--
  Edgar