Possible to recover from failed use of zerodbid

From: <Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:06:05 -0500

No I didn't use the newdbid utility because I forgot about it.

Now that is out of the way, I have an "analyst" on the other end at metalink who just doesn't get the scenario I am describing and refuses to get some help. It's always gratifying to know that those six-figure support fees you pay to Oracle go to help the winos from the Salvation Army shelter find work.

So I'll check on the list to see if anyone knows the black arts that must be applied to recover from the following scenario:

Copied a database.
Recreated the control file changing the database name. Spent a few hours, making changes for the environment for the new database. One of those changes was to reduce the number of rollback segments.
==> Forgot to change the rollback_segments in the init.ora. ($*@#$*@!!)
Went through steps to change dbid using zerodbid. Open resetlogs failed because rollback_segments parameter was wrong. We are now hosed.

As far as I know, some low-level block fiddling is required ??? Or might there be a magic, undocumented command to tell the instance forget about what it sees in file headers and trust me that it's OK to reset everything and open anyway?