RE: Help intermittent failure of backup to disk

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:12:13 -0400

Guys,

It was simply a space issue. The reason why it failed on certain days versus others was because of the fact that I used mtime to remove the second set. I thought I had enough space for 2 sets/days. I don't. So every other day it would work because based on that script no backup sets would be on the file system. =20

Therefore, I changed the process to remove the current backup set immediately before a new one and it works. I am also backing these database files up to tape. This is just to ensure that when we have Networker issues (every few weeks) we can still get a good backup. =20

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]
On Behalf Of Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 9:30 AM To: zhuchao_at_gmail.com
Cc: charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org; christian.antognini_at_trivadis.com

In Solaris 2.9 there is no longer a 2Gb file size limit. Is there a file size limit or issue with having larger backup set files in = RMAN?=3D20 -----Original Message-----
From: zhu chao [mailto:zhuchao_at_gmail.com]=3D20 Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 10:20 AM To: Stankus, Paula G
Cc: charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org; christian.antognini_at_trivadis.com

Could you try add the file size limit to 2Gb in the rman script?

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:16:53 -0400, paula_stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us <paula_stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us> wrote:
> I have the same target database, the same OS, the same RMAN =
catalog=3D20

>the same RMAN script that backups to disk. Every so often (not=3D20
> regularly) I get the following error. I checked catalog table =
for=3D20

>backup_corruption in the target and nothing was listed. =3D3D20 =3D20 =
Why=20
>would I get this error some days but not others? Also, it isn't=3D20 =
on

--
Regards
Zhu Chao

BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS
NOTE: This message was auto-learned as non-spam.  If this is wrong,
please correct the training as soon as possible.
Spam:
https://dohsmsi01.doh.state.fl.us/canit/b.php?c=3D3Ds&i=3D3D13500558&m=3D=
3De06
b=3D