Re: alert 68 and a few quotes from oracle-l

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:58:39 +0200 (CEST)

Recently (during OOW/Amsterdam), I had an interview with Dr. DBA Ken Jacobs. During this hour I asked him abouth this 'monthly' schedule. Ken told me that there was some miscommunication from PR which resulted in wat I would call now 'the Monthly Myth'.

He litterally said:
'Monthly is a wild word. [..] I'd rather call it periodic, and it won't be necessarily a month's update'.

So, don't hold your breath, while waiting......

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 02:54, Jared Still wrote: Interesting phrase in that article: "FreeLists poster".