Re: using pipe to export oracle on windows platform

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:46:28 +0200

Nuno
Zhu wants to reduce his network traffic when he sends the compressed file to Solaris. I didn't read his question well enough, I see now. I now have to admit that my 'shared-through-samba-unix-pipe' idea won't help him either in reducing network traffic. Unskyld for wasting precious bandwidth with my non-solution.

Regarding the Windows compressed folder: If you copy/ftp/whatever-you-do the file from the compressed windows disk to the Solaris destination, Windows will decompress the file for you before sending it over the network. So, maybe I have to agree with you, you are confused, as I was ;-)

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===