Re: local write wait event

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:17:29 +0100

That's a useful bit of information. Thanks.

I've also come across a strange effect which I had ascribed, without proof, to frequent truncating of global temporary tables with 'on commit preserve'. Sessions regularly, and for no apparent reason, and nowhere near a commit suddenly spend a few seconds
(N x 1.03 to be precise) waiting for a 'log file sync'.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/ind_faq.html The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated Sept 19th

Mark:

Beware, GTT and Truncates do not go together.. Currently we do not differntiate the GTT DDLs and Normal DDLs. Which means the TRUNCATE on the temporary (Session) table locks the entire structure
(all-sessions-temp-tables) and all other sessions have
to wait for library cache/pin waits.