how to find the "last" object in a data file?

From: Daiminger, Helmut <HELMUT.DAIMINGER_at_wwk.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:01:56 +0200

Hi!

I do have a tablespace that consists of four datafiles. Data file number 4 is 20 GB in size, but only 2 GB of those 20 GB are used.

I use=20

select segment_name from dba_segments where relative_fno=3D17 and segment_type=3D'TABLE'

to find all the tables in that specific datafile. I got the relative_fno from dba_data_files.

But how do I know the table that is the "last" segment in the datafile that prevents me from shrinking it? I assume that there is just one or two tables in the file that need to be moved to that I can shrink it by about 15 GB.

Any ideas?

This is 9.2 on HP-UX 11i.

Thanks,
Helmut