10046 Tracing on Parallel Query

From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 02:42:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I'm trying to run a 10046 trace on a parallel query. Using ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS, I only get the trace on the QC session (which just tells me it spends most of its time waiting for the slave sessions - um, secondary sessions if you're in California :-)

So next run, I tried to manually trace the slaves using DBMS_SYSTEM.SET_EV (using the SID,SERIAL# for the slaves) after the query had started. But this still didn't produce any trace files.

Any suggestions much apprectiated!

Thanks
- Charlotte

Do you Yahoo!?