Question About Space Usage with LONG RAW Column

From: Mark Strickland <mstrickland_at_drugstore.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:50:31 -0700

I did a count of the number of blocks of a Kana table (kc_rawtext) with this query: =20

        select count (distinct substr(rowid,7,9)) from kc_rawtext. =20

The result is 2,198,800 blocks. However, user_tables.blocks shows 4,113,400 blocks. I'm trying to figure out the discrepancy. The table has a LONG RAW column and it appears that the column is not the last column in the table (column_id for the LONG RAW column is #3 out of five columns). The table grows quickly. Can someone help me understand where the space is going? Thx!

Mark Strickland