Re: Oracle 9i RAC and Data Guard

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 22:13:27 +0200

Nice question. Why did it come up? Why do you want RAC? Because RAC solves an existing problem?
Because you like more complexity (= job-safety)? Because you have left-over budget to spend at the end of the year? Because you expect higher availabilty (is it too low now?)? Because your system is slow and you expect to speed it up deploying RAC? Because Larry says so?
Because of CYA?

Thick any box that is applicable.

In other words: lots of good reasons, if you need one. Without proper background I doubt wether anyone on the list can get more specific, more generic reasons are welcome!

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===

===