Re: Security Issue in Oracle 9.2.0.3 DB

From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 02:45:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

If your application is simple/small enough (and you really only have A & B and this will never grow to include C, D, E etc) then you should be able to do what you need simply using Views and granting security on the Views (use the CHECK option to prevent A updating data belonging to B and vice versa).

For anything more complex you should look at Fine-Grained Access Control (FGAC) in the manuals. This uses the DBMS_RLS package to define access policies for tables.

Hope this helps,
- Charlotte

dear friends
we have one database on oracle9.2.0.3 and we have two compnies (Say A and B) both are using the same database . Now i want that A employess should not able to view or select or update or insert any thing on B releted tables . and vice versa ..
please guide me
With Best Wishes & Prayers,
Abhishek Saxena.
Mail - abhisheks_at_kpitcummins.com