RE: Direct I/O, better performance?

From: Gogala, Mladen <Mladen.Gogala_at_aetn.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:37:00 -0400

  1. What did you want to achieve by switching to direct I/O?
  2. Do you know what is direct I/O and what are the benefits?
  3. Are you talking about DBMS_STATS?
  4. Why would you expect DBMS_STATS to run faster with the direct I/O? I'd expect it to run slower, because of the the prefetch which is gone with the direct I/O.
--
Mladen Gogala
A & E TV Network