Tablespace recovery - TSPITR??

From: steve noyle <stevenoyle1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:26:41 -0700 (PDT)

I have a table that I need to recover from an old backup. I seem to recall reading somewhere that I can just plug in the old datafile into my test database and access the table that way. The table is the only object in the datafile. Unfortunately I do not have any archived logs available. What I have available is a test database and an old backup file where the table resides.

If that is not possible, what are my options?

test database - 9.2.0.3 on HPUX
the old backup file was originally also from a 9.2.0.3 database on HPUX.

thanks.

steve