RE: SQL Server process

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:43:30 -0400

Looks like you client may have a local SQL*Server database running in the background. MicroSlop is bundling a very cut down version of SQL*Server with a number of their products lately. Seems that they never learn their lesson when it comes to unwanted bloat ware. I'd first do a search of the disk drive to find out where it's coming from first & then use the server manager application they bundle in to permanently shut it down. Warning, there may be more than one.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA