Dns server retired- listeners hung

From: Kurth, Michael J. <mkurth_at_wfs-ops.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:50:02 -0500

We are retiring one of our dns servers.
After rebooting new dns servers, we shutdown the "old" dns server, our database listeners either hang or crash. We have concluded that Oracle is caching the address of the old dns server. Does anyone know where, or how the listeners are tied to the dns servers?

Mike Kurth
Senior Oracle DBA
Wheaton Franciscan Services, Inc.
400 West River Woods Parkway
Glendale, Wisconsin 53212
414/465-4046 Phone
mkurth_at_wfs-ops.org

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message. The information contained in this message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and their co-workers who are working on the same matter.

The recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing the information to any other party unless this disclosure has been authorized in advance.

If you are not intended recipient of this message or any agent responsible for delivery of the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. You should immediately destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply E-Mail.

Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet E-Mail for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of the firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.