Re: Security Alert #68 - Have to upgrade versions prior to 9.2.0. 4

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:37:42 -0400

use opatch 1.0.0.0.51, not 1.0.0.0.50.
I find myself checking the notes on Metalink on a daily basis for this one.

if you're running on win32 - the files under the "docs" folders are invaluable.

Here is my favorite from the FAQ for OPatch:

"Q32.	My Oracle Home on Windows doesn't have Perl, so I download and
          install Perl from Active State.  Now OPatch doesn't work...

        Set the env. var. ACTIVE_STATE_PERL to TRUE (all upper-case)
        (set ACTIVE_STATE_PERL=TRUE)
        Run 'opatch lsinventory' to see if it works "

It sure works well for me that way.

The FAQs for this security alert can be found here http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=Not&id=282108.1

your original question is FAQ #2. It must be a popular one. :)

Paul