RE: Security Alert #68 - Have to upgrade versions prior to 9.2.0. 4

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:47:52 -0400

David,

Here's the best part. Oracle now has *two ways* of sending patches out to us. One is the current (old) way where you run oracle installer. The other (new) way is where you run Opatch. And even within Opatch, they do things two different ways. Security Patch 68 has you run sqlplus and install new packages, and then run patch.csh - which runs sqlplus and installs stuff.

How many monkees work at Oracle? Seems like the bad old days are reappearing - where the divisions are not talking to each other anymore, and they release stuff that is not ready for prime time. I *hate* being forced to apply patches (Security Patch 68) because they didn't test their own software well enough.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional