RE: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:49:19 -0400

Chirag,

When you see an ORA-3113 error, it's always important to check your dump directory for a trace file. Often, there will be one with more details on the error that occurred. ORA-3113 is basically just the Oracle client telling you "I lost my=20 connection to the database unexpectedly". The dump directory may help more info available.

-Mark