RE: Database Link Problem in 9.2.0.5

From: Mark Strickland <mstrickland_at_drugstore.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:39:46 -0700

It's set to "world". Yet, when I create a database link, it get defined as db_link.localdomain.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Mark Strickland Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 3:24 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Database Link Problem in 9.2.0.5

This probably has an easy answer that I should have thought of already, and I'll submit myself to the ridicule if so, but I'm scratching my head. I copied a schema from a 9.2.0.4 database on one Linux server to a 9.2.0.5 database on another Linux server. The schema has a stored procedure that selects over a database link called "refresh". The query "select table_name from user_tables_at_refresh" works find in the source database, but I get ORA-02019 when I do it in the target database. If I suffix the db_link with ".world", it works in the target database. The database link definitions are identical, global_names is set to false in both databases and names.default_domain is not set for both. Another curious thing. When I create a test database link in the target database called "test" using the same definition as "refresh", the db_link in dba_db_links is called "TEST.LOCALDOMAIN". I can't figure out where that is coming from.

Thanks!
Mark Strickland
Seattle, WA

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Oct 14 2004 - 14:35:24 CDT