Re: Help with Shared Pool Problem

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:27:18 -0400

IIRC, in 9.2.0.5 - the behavior of open_cursors changes. I remember while attending a presentation at NYOUG (http://www.nyoug.org) given by Steven Feuerstein, that if your code is keeping cursors open that are not using bind variables, that you are in serious trouble.

Wait - it might have been at Jonathan Lewis' seminar. I'll have to get back to you on that.

Check as far as the number of session_cached_cursors and open_cursors. Perhaps Jonathan might have something to add.

Paul