Re: Can I ask a RAC user a favour?

From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:47:20 +0300

Hi!

> I don't understand why the select from dual is not showing
> the extra I/O and stats I see on the "insert ... values
> (...nextval...)", when the seq cache is small.

Which version?
In 10g, a select <variable> from dual doesn't cause any logical IOs (unless disabled explictitly).

Also, which stats were you checking when comparing different sequence cache values? Amount of LIOs should only change as much of them is needed for updating data dictionary when we run out of cached values.

Tanel.