Workflow Licensing

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:35:36 +0100

Hi All,

Does Workflow require a separate license with Oracle Application Server? I have a contact who's asked the question, as he's read this comment on oracle.com:

"OW4J will complement - not replace - the existing Oracle Workflow Engine residing in the Oracle database. Oracle Workflow will continue to ship with both Standard and Enterprise Editions of the Oracle database, providing existing customers with a database-resident PL/SQL engine."

I understand that both the Standard and Enterprise Editions include Workflow. However,
http://www.cit.cornell.edu/software/licenses/oracle.html seems to suggest that Workflow is only licensed in the Enterprise Edition of the Application Server license. He's been told that they will have to fork out more for Workflow if they want to get it enabled, so I'm *guessing* that they have a SE license.

Can anybody confirm this?

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Leith