Re: Help with Shared Pool Problem

From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh.raja_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:28:46 +0100

But mark if that is the case then we should never get a 4031 Because Oracle Should be able to FLush Stmts out of the Shared Pool as and when the execution is completed.

I have seen 4031 on a Single User Instance where Oracle is trying to allocate more space to the sql stmt and when no other sql is executing .. There should be a Way by which oracle Identified Least used SQL Stmts in the POOL and flushes them ..Something similar to the BUFFER_CACHE where Blocks keep moving on to an LRU list with each new Block fetched into the Memory...

Same LRU Mechanics should be applicable to Shared_pool also rite ???

Rgds
Ganesh