RE: Anyone know anything about ClusterGuard?

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_ORACLE.COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 06:35:28 +1000

Going from memory now, and 9i memory is a thing of the long lost past for m= e. :)

RAC Guard was an add-on (in some ways) to RAC that allowed you to have an a=
ctive - standby configuration set up and managed pretty easily.  It's all p=
art of RAC in 10g, so it doesn't exist any more.  It might even have gone i=
n 9iR2 - told you those brain cells were gone. =
Check the RAC doc on Tahiti.  The RAC doc is some of the best doc I've seen=
 from Oracle, primarily because the main author really knows his stuff well=
.  Not that the others don't, but Mark is just outstanding.  I still use hi=
m as a technical resource myself. :)

 =

Pete
 =

"Controlling developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook
 =

"Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA