Replication Compatibility And Issues

From: Raj Gill <raju_gill_2003_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:00:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

We have several Oracle databases with different versions i.e. Oracle 7.3.4, Oracle 8i and Oracle 9i. We need to keep data in sync between these databases. One way of achieving this is to use Oracle Replication.

I need to find the answers to the following questions.

Venders

One-Way

(Basic)

Two-Way

(Advance)

Hardware / Software / Bandwidth

Performance (# of trans, time, network traffic etc.)

Issues (performance, installation, admin, maintenance, interoperability etc.)

Interoperability

Pros/Cons

Oracle Replication

7.x - 9i

Oracle Replication

7.x - 8.x

Oracle Replication

8.x - 9i

Does someone have any experience going through same situation?

Can anyone direct me to the right source of information?

Your help will be immensely appreciated.

Thanks

Raj

Do you Yahoo!?