UPDATE SQL

From: Chirag DBA <ChiragDBA_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:47:01 +0530

Hi Friends,

I wanna update values of SP_TYPE_CD in PROFILE_CUSTOMERS which has a VALUES and I wanna put the SP_TYPE_CD from PROFILE_SP_TYPE_CD.

PROFILE_SP_TYPE_CD is a master table and PROFILE_CUSTOMERS is a child table.

I have written the following query.

update profile_customers set SP_TYPE_CD = PROFILE_SP_TYPE_CD.SP_TYPE_CD where profile_customers.sp_type_cd = profile_sp_type_cd.sp_type_name;

I don wanna run seperate queries for each row in PROFILE_SP_TYPE_CD. Cause my PROFILE_CUSTOMERS have more than 50000 records and this will be the pump running every nite.

Can I update that in a single SQL Statement?