RE: Problems w/ materialized view.....

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:07:22 -0400

There appear to be about 7 bugs logged since August of this year that relate to views returning wrong results. The ones related to outer joins, function based indexes, and to case statements (if the underlying problem could also apply to a decode) seem most likely:

  1. WRONG RESULTS FROM QUERY JOINING ON A VIEW WITH CONTAINS CLAUSE AND NULL JOIN 3569917 30-SEP-2004 Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition Solaris Operating System (SPARC 64-bit) BUG
  2. DETERMINISTIC HINT IS IGNORED 3841748 19-AUG-2004 Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition Solaris Operating System (SPARC 64-bit) BUG
  3. NEED EVENT TO REVERT PREC/SCALE CHANGE IN 9.2.0.5 FOR OCIDESCRIBE() 3807954 05-AUG-2004 Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition Microsoft Windows 2000 BUG
  4. WRONG RESULTS WITH CASE AND LIKE 'STRING%' 3858269 13-SEP-2004 Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition Linux x86 BUG
  5. WRONG RESULTS WITH VIEW NOT MERGED AND FUNCTION BASED INDEX 3847585 11-OCT-2004 Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition AIX5L Based Systems
    (64-bit) BUG
  6. WRONG RESULTS WITH HASH JOIN OUTER 3892220 08-OCT-2004 Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition HP-UX PA-RISC
    (64-bit) BUG
  7. WRONG RESULTS WITH DISTINCT COUNT AND UNNESTED EXISTS SUBQUERY 3637624 17-AUG-2004 Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition Microsoft Windows 2000 BUG
    • Mark D Powell --