RE: rename table

From: Mark Richard <mrichard_at_transurban.com.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:06:12 +1000

There is also the possibility that the queries had hints referring to particular indexes / tables. For example, parallel hints referring to the original table name (if not using an alias) would be ignored.

                      <arul.kumar_at_bt.com

> To: <oracledbam_at_hotmail.com>
Sent by: cc: <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> oracle-l-bounce_at_fr Subject: RE: rename table eelists.org 12/10/2004 00:19 Please respond to arul.kumar

Seema,=20

Possible reasons could be:

  1. Optimizer statistics are not available. May have to update them = ACCURATELY again.
  2. All the SQLs are being parsed again freshly (taking more time!), as = the cached versions are invalidated.
  3. Check for "validity" of all the dependent objects. May be some = indexes are invalid and not usable, resulting in poor performance.

HTH
Arul.