RE: Shadow Image....

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 14:57:01 -0400

Carel-Jan,

It's interesting that Oracle provided this enhancement.

The message I thought I was hearing (with the introduction of RMAN, and then with the requirement to use RMAN if you go w/ ASM), was that conventional backups were *eventually* going away.

Perhaps the rumors of the conventional backup's demise have been a bit exaggerated.....

-Mark