RE: multiple DB's on windoze...

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:59:33 -0400

Greg,

I create a 'profile' directory and make sure this directory is in the path. I then create sid.bat files in this directory. The sid.bat file contains all of the oracle environmental info. For example:

SET ORACLE_SID=Wtwp
SET ORACLE_HOME=C:\Oracle\ora817

Each sid.bat file can manipulate the path depending on which version of Oracle you are running. So your batch files (like rman) can execute this profile file to point to the correct database. I have all kinds of thinkgs in each file - like dba account, password, rman account, password and connect string; directories to hold output from batch files and script files. Mkes life a bit easier.

Good Luck!

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional