Re: Database instance not started automatically

From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh.raja_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 22:33:26 +0100

Meenakshi,

See what this Dialog is saying ..

To start or stop a database using Oracle Services from Oracle Administration Assistant for Windows NT:

  1. Choose Start > Programs > Oracle - HOME_NAME > Configuration and Migration Tools > Administration Assistant for Windows NT.
  2. Right-click the SID.

      where SID is a specific instance name, such as ORCL.    3. Choose Startup/Shutdown Options.

   4. Choose the Oracle Instance tab.

   5. Select Start up instance when service is started, Shut down instance when service is stopped, or both.

Cheers
Ganesh