RE: Please a parameter to disable undo, EPILOGUE

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:47:38 -0400

Hi, thanks to every one who helped

In my 10.1.0.3.0. database I tested and got the following

Setting both I got an error, so I tried only discrete transactions as you can see.

alter system set "_DISCRETE_TRANSACTIONS_ENABLED" = TRUE SCOPE=SPFILE; alter system set "_DISABLE_LOGGING" = TRUE SCOPE=SPFILE;

Errors in file e:\oracle\product\10.1.0\admin\cachon\bdump\cachon_lgwr_2396 trc:
ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO] [0x228F17A] [] [] [] []

alter system set "_DISABLE_LOGGING" = FALSE SCOPE=SPFILE;

But I didn't found improvement and still there were undo blocks

SQL> ALTER TABLE TEST NOLOGGING ; Table altered.

SQL> exec dbms_transaction.begin_discrete_transaction;

SQL> insert into test select a.* from dba_objects a,(select 1 from dba_objects w
here rownum <101);

SQL> select used_ublk,used_urec from v$transaction ;

 USED_UBLK USED_UREC

     31594 3885977

So the conclusion is, to speed the process is to use create as select, instead of insert to add more records to the table.

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
OCP
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Oct 07 2004 - 12:43:32 CDT