Re: PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET is another way to instability.

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 20:05:28 -0400

Jurijs,

I think that if your miss of sql in the shared pool is 10% that most statements that are not frequently executed will quickly be aged out and re-parsed during subsequent execution.

If then follows that this is only a concern if your application SQL code is nearly perfectly written and statements are not invalidated/aged out.

Right.

How is this any different, if the bind variables used at parse (with cursor_sharing=SIMILAR) differ greatly from one execution to another, in terms of distribution?

Paul