RE: Please a parameter to disable undo, like _disable_logging

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 15:10:03 -0400

Based on my test
Begin discrete transaction don't work disabling undo information, because I can see data before the commit.

SQL> exec DBMS_TRANSACTION.BEGIN_DISCRETE_TRANSACTION;
SQL> update test set object_name = 'a';
SQL> select distinct object_name from test;

OBJECT_NAME

When there is not undo info you can't do that, for example append don't generate undo info, and you can't see data until you commit.

SQL> insert /*+ APPEND */ into test select * from dba_objects; 29291 rows created.
SQL> select distinct object_name from test; select distinct object_name from test

                                 *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-12838: no se puede leer/modificar un objeto despuÚs de modificarlo en paralelo

Or I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
OCP