RE: Please a parameter to disable undo, like _disable_logging

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:52:45 -0400

=0D

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco=0D
OCP=0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
=0D

From: Mark W. Farnham=0D
Date: 10/06/04 13:08:28=0D
To: jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com=0D
Subject: RE: Please a parameter to disable undo, like _disable_logging=0D
=0D

too long a thread to read the whole thing.=0D
=0D

Did anyone point out to you that the difference is that a failure with=0D nologging or append will cause you to lose that individual object, while = if=0D
your disable logging and space management takes places you may well lose = the=0D
whole database?=0D
=0D

Since it is a whole lot easier to do and is supported I would recommend=0D either create as .... nologging or using /*+ append *+/ depending on what= =0D
you are doing, rather than attempting to disable logging on the entire=0D database.=0D
=0D

Then if something in the load/create fails, you just clean up a bit and d= o=0D
it again.=0D
=0D

After the fact you take a backup if you care about the results.=0D
=0D

mwf=0D
=0D

-----Original Message-----=0D