RE: Learning Oracle on Windows

From: Alex <stant_98_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 07:56:55 -0700 (PDT)

I am also working on Windows 2000 and would like your advice on books, info, links about db procedures on Windows, backup scripts (specifically those that can email the success of backup - OS backup), batch files, etc...

Thanks
"Spears, Brian" <BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com> wrote:

I have recently added Windows oracle on NT as well again. I used to work with them 2 years ago but the memory is a tad foggy.

Does any one have any cheat sheet summary of the Windows oriented administration commands..

Like:
dos window, set ORACLE_SID=
set ORACLE_HOME=

exp.bat files par.files

oradim utility
The services that get started.. Ones you don't need etc. The ora_dba group that administrator needs to be in and so on..

Would be much appreciated... Even if it is not complete. As I ramp up, I will create a nice cheat sheet to share with those who want it.

Books are ok but I am looking to see if someone has condensed it all down.

Brian