RE: Learning Oracle on Windows

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:45:03 -0400

If you want to learn, the best you can do, is to create a database, but generate only the scripts and run them manually.

out of that you have net start and net stop to start and stop services. You can schedule tastks in os using AT 23:59 CMD /C SQLPLUS ADM/***@SOAB WORLD @C:\AT\TEXT.SQL for example.

You must know DOS, if you want ot manage users and your are in nt 2000 you have to go to active user management, and not local user namangement. In the resource kit are some utilities for example to delete services, didn t drop correctly, this not ahppens frequently. But can help you some times.

Don't use screensaver (no one), it takes too many cpu, only block the pressing ctr-alt-del and block.

You configure the nt for file sharing or for application, in nt 40 you have to set manually the second cache

That is what I remember now.

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
OCP