RE: Please a parameter to disable undo, like _disable_logging

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:03:00 -0400

There are some things like this that I believe should not be done, even in test. The reason is that now you've crippled a significant item for database recovery for the purpose of shaving a couple of microseconds off of the execution time. Problem with that is that when the same application starts to run in production it will run slower than in test & damanagement will want the same performance/crippled database in production. Then when, not if, all hell breaks loose you're the one trying to explain why the database can't be recovered. I personally like having my test environment, not development, in a similar configuration so that all of the background delays play out just like in production.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA