RE: Please a parameter to disable undo, like _disable_logging

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 09:56:40 -0400

Yes, /*+ append */ *is* direct-load insert, which I mentioned in my original posting.
It can greatly limit undo and redo generation. As I said before, this is because=20
with direct load inserts, new blocks are being formatted. There is no "before image".
However, space transactions are still logged, that way, if the transaction aborts
or the instance crashes, the space transaction can be rolled back, and those newly
formatted blocks disappear.

-Mark

Mark J. Bobak
Oracle DBA