Re: Standby db and OEM Data Guard Manager

From: Alex <stant_98_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 06:54:22 -0700 (PDT)

Haven't had cofee yet :) Oracle 9.2.0.5 Windows 2000 Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl> wrote:Version?

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 15:38, Alex wrote:

Hello, I have been redaing some about the switchover and failover techniques. Most of what I've found has been how to do it manually or using command-line. Can someone help with the info, links, documents on how to perform sitchover + failover using OEM DGM. And also, if I undersdtand the process right, after the failover is done, the primary db has to be rebuilt. What's the procedure to rebuilt it and swicth back to the original db: so that after the failover, you rebuild the ex-primary, then switch back to it, making the new primary as standby.Thanks __________________________________________________Do You Yahoo!?Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com--http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

===

===

DBA!ert, Independent Oracle consultancy Kastanjelaan 61C
2743 BX Waddinxveen
The Netherlands
tel. +31 (0) 182 64 04 28
fax +31 (0) 182 64 04 29