Re: rman centralized backup server

From: Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh_at_tufts.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:55:32 -0400

Robert,

I am a little confused here. We have one centralized recovery catalog database (9.2.0.5) to backup all 9.2.0.5 and 9.2.0.4 target database. Now we will have a new target database (10g)needs to backup, can I use the same recovery catalog database to backup 10g target db?

Another question is our rman client version is 9.2.0.5. rman catalog database version is 9.2.0.5 but what is recovery catalog schema in recovery catalog database?

RMAN:RMAN> select * from rcver;

VERSION

09.02.00 -------> confused here

Thanks