Re: Question in HOT BACKUP

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:00:19 -0400

NEVER?
Come on Mark, you should know that one never wants to say "never".

usually, mostly, generally ...

Exceptions off the top of my head for your assertion:

1. prior to applying patchset or performing migration.
2. to move database to another server and resetlogs is no desired.
3. Client wants to test disaster recovery restore/recovery without dba
involvement
4. It depends ...

Paul