Re: [askdba] Re: How to tune tables for inserts and Updates?

From: Chirag DBA <ChiragDBA_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:11:29 +0530

Well Well Well...

Thanx.... I think I m missing the following.

Pumps means night jobs, which will repopulate my other tables for look ups from some external client back end systems.

I m doin DML only on 19 tables, others I didn consider as they will be used only for select.

Of course they have PK , FKs and other indexes on the basis of the Select Criteria, but I m more worring abt Inserts and updates.

and as I said, the Querries are not too big to hit on the DB.I can say I don need help of Cary Millsap, Dan Tow, Jonathan Lewis and Tanel Poder to optimize, I have me for that.

and 5000 transacitons, make sure that it is per day.

My machine will be of 2 GB RAM, Dual Processor.HP - UX 11i.

I said MTS because I know that number of users will be very hign and the data that will be transferred is only text data, so very low. MTS can actually help me to save my resources.

Anything more information U want, Gogala ???